Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Orange Jelly time: Comparison!

I realized I had several orange jelly polishes, so I decide to do a little comparison between them.















 Left to Right: 3 coats each, 1 coat of base coat, NO Top Coat.

OPI :"Ya'll comeback ya hear?"
Essie: "Mini Shorts"
China Glaze: "Japanese Koi (Neon)"














What can I say?...I love them all...LOL! :P
The OPI is more of a true orange.
The Essie is a true "bright neon orange" and perfect for summer fun.
The China Glaze is a neon red-orange"...all of them are full of "jelly goodness" and all of them are gorgeous and dried shiny! No application issues here. :)














For those of you who are wondering what I mean by "jelly", it's when a polish is translucent , but full of color, like jelly...yum!!!

OPI called their jelly colors from the Texas Collection "sorbets", but ya'll get the point! right?














So if you have 1, then get the other 2, and if you have 2, get the other 1, and if you have all of them..YIPPEEE!!!!
Pin It!

10 comments:

LaLadyBunny said...

Hi Jackie!
I really love those type of shades and especially the "Japanese Koi" because it has this sort of pinkish glow to it. <3 <3 <3

kate said...

i love the essi!!! omg. i just had my first essie last week and i think i really like it. save for the bot so big brush everything else is love!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

I have Japanese Koi and the Texas one! I love it! I may use one of them in my Mets manicure for the baseball game tomorrow!

Stephanie Merlin said...

The first thing I thought before reading what these colors were was "I need these orange jellies"! Turns out I have the OPI & China Glaze. These definitely need to come out of my untrieds!

Rory said...

Noooo, I'd never heard of Essie Mini Shorts or ChG Japanese Koi before now and now I want them really badly. They're both so beautiful!

Bookworm Nails said...

Love all three of these, and its good to see a comparison so I don't overlap when buying. I'm trying to build up my jelly collection right now, so this is really helpful :)

Also, I tagged you for an award: http://bookworm-nails.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-award.html

Unknown said...

Thank you for commenting everyone,and thanks for the tag Bookworm Nails :)

TheSwatchingSprite said...

seeing this makes me realize I need to add some nice orange jellies to my stash. Yup, on the hunt now!

chicnight said...

I just bought the OPI one! I'm super excited to try it out. I wish I saw the Essie one though, they were having a promotion at the place I was buying.

Nailderella said...

the 3 of them look great!
thanks for this comparison. I'm planning on buying orange nail polishes so it helped me a lot ;D